Fire and Rescue
The Blue Lake Fire Barn is located at 7534 Blue Lake Rd - Kalkaska, Mi 49646 just north of Blue Lake. The Fire and Rescue Department meets at 7:00 PM every Monday at the Fire Barn.
The Department usually averages at about 50 runs per year. In 2015 we had 65 runs. Most of the calls the Fire Department receives are for Medical and Rescue Services. The Blue Lake Fire and Rescue Department is an all-volunteer service, even so several of our members have been trained as Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs).
If you are interested in the Fire Department just show up any Monday night, they will be glad to show you around. You can also contact our Fire Chief Bob Barr at 587-8711.
A five year millage of 1.0 mill that passed by the voters on August 3, 2016 maintains the Fire and Rescue fund. This millage is active through the 2020 tax year. The Fire and Rescue department uses this fund for operational and equipment needs.
Members of the Fire Department:
- Bob Barr, Chief, EMT, Firefighter I & II
- Greg Brierley, Chief IT, EMT, Firefighter I & II
- Randy Dickens, Assistant Chief, EMT, Firefighter I & II
- Jeff Lavender, Captain, MFR, Firefighter I & II
- Dan Bowman, MFR
- Kerry Boyer, EMT, Firefighter I & II
- Cody Brierley, EMT, Firefighter I & II
- Mary Shaw, MFR, Firefighter I
- Larry Shoemaker, MFR, Firefighter I & II
- Jack Walls, Firefighter I
- Julie Lavender, MFR,NCFF
- Pam Clark, NCFF
- Mike Clark,MFR, NCFF
- Dean McClenaghan, NCFF
- Kevin Ivkovich, NCFF
- Shari Ivkovich, NCFF
- Garrett Lampe, NCFF